How to rescue Outlook Express?
How can I rescue data from damaged Outlook Express folders?
To rescue unique data stored in Outlook Express folders you'll need a special tool, for example OE-Mail Recovery (download). This tool should extract messages and news from the damaged Outlook Express folder and save them as separate files. In other words, it should:
- Read the source .dbx file
- Recognize messages saved in the damaged .dbx file
- Save the messages in EML format (RFC 822 standard). The process of rescuing Outlook Express and data from the damaged folders isn't over yet. To make sure you have rescued Outlook Express you should:
- Make back-up copies of damaged Outlook Express folders. See page Manual backup of Outlook Express.
- Replace the damaged Outlook Express folder with a new empty folder.
- Import EML files to Outlook Express. See page Moving .eml files to an Outlook Express folder.
Finally, you have rescued Outlook Express. Now you can read and view the rescued messages again. OE-Mail Recovery is Outlook Express rescue tool.
The Outlook Express rescue procedure is over.