On-line help for Zip Recovery Toolbox software
Zip Recovery Toolbox (download) is used to recover data from corrupted ZIP files. The program scans the source ZIP archive, finds files stored in the archive and saves the recovered files to the disk. Its convenient user interface makes it possible to recover data in several steps. The user only has to:
- Select the source ZIP archive that should be recovered (select a ZIP file)
- Select files that should be saved
- Select the folder where to save the recovered files
The ZIP archive recovery process consists of several steps:
- Selecting the source ZIP file
- Scanning the corrupted ZIP file
- Displaying the contents of the corrupted ZIP file
- Selecting the folder where data should be saved
- Saving data from the corrupted ZIP file
The user is offered to enter the name of the Zip file that should be recovered on the first page of the program. To do it, the user can select it in Windows Explorer by clicking the button. Or click the button and select one of the previously recovered ZIP files.
After the Zip file that should be recovered is selected, the program read the source file. The process of scanning the corrupted ZIP file may take a while and depends on the size of the corrupted file and the performance of the computer.
After the source ZIP file has been read, the contents of the file will be displayed on the third page of the program. The folder structure of the archive is displayed in the left part. And the right part contains the list of files the program detected in the current folder of the corrupted archive. The user should select files that should be saved. It is possible to do it by:
- selecting files and/or folders manually
- clicking the Check All button and selecting all folders and files
- clicking the Check Good button and selecting only those folders and files that the program can recover correctly
A click on the Uncheck All button clears the selection from all files and folders.
The user should select the folder to save the recovered data to on the forth page of the program. To do it, the user can select the folder in Windows Explorer by clicking the button. Or click the button and select one of the previously used folders.
By default, the user is offered to create the ZIP repaired subfolder.
After the folder has been selected, a click on the Next button starts the process of saving files to the disk. After the process of saving the data recovered from the corrupted ZIP archive is complete, the user sees information about the saved data.