FAQ - Frequently Asked Question list - Answer
Question: How to repair corrupted Outlook Express folder?
An awful thing can happen to any Outlook Express user: you run Outlook Express and open the folder containing the necessary information just to find it empty. Outlook Express can't read the folder and does not see your messages. You ask yourselves a question: How to restore this Outlook Express folder? How to repair Outlook Express in Windows 98 (repair Outlook Express Windows 98)? Where I can get Outlook Express repair Windows 98 tool (repair Outlook Express in Windows 98)? How to recover corrupted Outlook Express folder and to get back all the data lost? Is the process of reparing corrupted Outlook Express folders complex? We shall try to help you restore the damaged Outlook Express folder and describe the whole process of the Outlook Express Repair stage by stage.
In the Outlook Express all messages are stored in files with the dbx extension. In this case one Outlook Express folder corresponds to one dbx file. The dbx file names, as a rule, coincide with the folder's name, e.g., Inbox.dbx file corresponds to the Inbox folder in the Outlook Express. Therefore the Outlook Express repair procedure save data from corrupted Outlook Express folders.
- Message extraction from the damaged dbx. Outlook Express dbx extract software.
- Backup of the damaged dbx file.
- Creation of a new empty Outlook Express folder.
- Extracted message copying of the into the newly created Outlook Express folder.
Each stage detailed description of the Outlook Express repair.
- Message extraction from the damaged dbx file.
- Special utility is necessary for the message extraction from the damaged Outlook Express folder, and for this purpose we offer you an OE-Mail Recovery. There is an easy and convenient wizard included into the OE-Mail Recovery with the help of which you will be able to extract all the messages from the damaged Outlook Express folder within five stages. Alongside with this the wizard will easily train you to work with the program and to execute the Outlook Express repair process. The OE-Mail Recovery will give you a hint to the folder where the Outlook Express stores the dbx files. In this case the user has only to choose the restoration file and to run the Outlook Express Repair process. The Outlook Express Repair execution time depends on the damaged file size. When the Outlook Express Repair process is finished, you will see the recovered messages list. You can look through the recovered messages the same way you do it in the Outlook Express.
- When Outlook Express Repair process is finished it is necessary to save the messages on the hard disk. In the OE-Mail Recovery you can save the messages selectively looking through the recovered messages without closing the program and save only the necessary ones.
- Backup of the damaged dbx file.
- The OE-Mail Recovery has prompted you a path of the Outlook Express files' storage. And now save the damaged dbx files in the safe folder, they can be useful.
- The new Outlook Express folder creation.
- Remove the damaged dbx files from the Outlook Express folder. Run the Outlook Express and click on the folder, which dbx file you have just removed, and the Outlook Express will automatically create new empty dbx files.
- Copying extracted messages to the new Outlook Express folder.
- To move the restored messages you have to open simultaneously the Outlook Express and the Windows Explorer, to select the restored messages in the Windows Explorer (for this purpose use the key Shift + arrows or the key Ctrl + the left mouse button), to hold them with the mouse and transfer them to the newly created Outlook Express folder.
The Outlook Express repair process is over, and you get the completely recovered Outlook Express folder. The OE-Mail Recovery program is like insurance for your messages. OE-Mail Recovery support:
- Repair Outlook Express in Windows 98 (repair Outlook Express Windows 98), Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003
- Repair Outlook Express 6, Outlook Express 5, Outlook Express 5.5
- Outlook Express repair Windows 98 tool support a dbx files with a size up to 4Gb