FAQ - Frequently Asked Question list - Answer
Question: I received the registration letter, entered the registration code, but when I run OE-Mail Recovery, the program remains in the Trial mode and does not let me save the recovered messages.
Answer: The code contains the information that is entered into the registry of your operating system. You can check if the information from the registration file was successfully entered into the registry. To do that, you should:
- Press the Start buttonand select the Run item.
- Type "regedit.exe" onclick="ga('send', 'event', 'download file', 'download')" and press Enter or click OK.
- In the Registry Tree select the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" key and expand it.
- Find and expand the Software key.
- Find and expand the OE-Mail Recovery key.
- Select the Key item.
- To the right you should see the value named key having a long string of data.
There can be a number of reasons why entering the information into the registry failed:
A) You do not have access permissions to enter information into the registry on this computer. On page How can to add account into the Administrators group you can read how to raise your rights.
B) The registration letter with the code has been damaged.
Having no [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OE-Mail Recovery\Key] key in the registry and no key value that equals to a long code string, OE-Mail Recovery will remain in the trial mode.