FAQ - Frequently Asked Question list - Answer
Question: I purchased Address Book Recovery program and received the registration key, entered the code, but when I run Address Book Recovery, the program remains in the Trial mode.
Answer: The code from the registration letter contains the information that is entered into the registry of your operating system. You can check if the information from the registration file was successfully entered into the registry. To do that, you should:
- Press the Start button and select the Run item.
- Type "regedit.exe" onclick="ga('send', 'event', 'download file', 'download')" and press Enter or click OK.
- In the Registry Tree select the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" key and expand it.
- Find and expand the Software key.
- Find and expand the Address Book Recovery key.
- To the right you should see the value named key having a long string of data.
There can be a number of reasons why entering the information into the registry failed:
A) You do not have access permissions to enter information into the registry on this computer.
B) The code has been damaged.
Having no [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Address Book Recovery] key in the registry and no key value that equals to a long code string, Address Book Recovery will remain in the trial mode.