FAQ - Frequently Asked Question list - Answer
Question: How can to repair Windows Address Book and recover all contacts? How to restore Windows Address Book?
How to repair Windows Address Book?
How to repair wab files? - step by step description
- Extract contacts from damaged Windows Address Book.
- With the help of Address Book Recovery program to extract contacts from Windows Address Book wab file. Save the repaired contacts on disk as a Business Cards (*.vcf files).
- Backup of the damaged wab file.
- Save the damaged wab files in the safe folder, they can be useful. The Address Book Recovery has prompted you a path where are stored a damaged wab file.
- The new Address Book creation.
- Close all application using a Windows Address Book (Outlook Express, Outlook, Address Book and so on). Remove the damaged wab files from the store folder. Run the Address Book application (press Start | Programs | Accessories | Address Book), and a new empty Address Book file will be automatically created.
- Copying repaired contacts to the new Address Book.
- To move the repaired contacts you have to open simultaneously the Windows Address Book and the Windows Explorer, to select the repaired contacts in the Windows Explorer (for this purpose use the key Shift + arrows or the key Ctrl + the left mouse button), to hold them with the mouse and transfer them to the newly created Windows Address Book.
- The Address Book repair process is over, and you get the completely repaired Windows Address Book. The Address Book Recovery program is like insurance for your contacts. Address Book Recovery is answer on question: How to repair wab files?
How to restore Windows Address Book - example of repair wab files, step by step description?
Download wab file recovery tool and install the repair wab files software. Press Recovery Source File button. After repairing your wab file you need to select a contacts what you want to save. Press Save Contacts(s) button and select appropriative item from drop-down menu and save the repaired contacts.
Copy location path from Source Windows Address book file filed of Address Book Recovery to Address filed of Windows Explorer and press Enter. Select wab file from right pane and copy it to save folder.
Close Outlook Express and/or Address Book. Remove the damaged wab files from the store folder. Run the Address Book application.
Open simultaneously the Windows Address Book and the Windows Explorer. Select the saved contacts in the Windows Explorer (for this purpose use the key Shift + arrows or the key Ctrl + the left mouse button). Hold the selected messages with the mouse and transfer them to the newly created Windows Address Book.
Windows Address Book recovered now. The repair wab files procedure is over. This page described how use the wab file recovery tool - Address Book Recovery.